Derived From Shadows - The Demon in The Attic


There’s a
demon in my attic
I see water dripping from my roof
I pack my bag with snacks and tools
To help me find my proof

I climb sneakily on a stool
Ascending upwards to the room
Sweat flowing down my cheeks
As I contemplate my doom

I see stacked boxes in a wall
That could be hiding the beast
My mouth curves in appall
As I imagine myself as his feast

I jump to reach my goal
To see a large shadow
And in hand my vicious ski pole
I run at my foe

To see him turn with a spade
I realized he only wanted to make a garden
He wore a sweater that was crocheted
I slowly considered a pardon

Realizing he only wanted a garden

Comments

  1. Wow! What an absolutely amazing cutout and poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appalled at my ignorance of that word used in such a strange way! Love the demon-gardener!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing the Chateaus of France.

Day #1 in London

Solar Powered