Grand Canyon (HW story from a photograph)

After spending the night, camping, at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, we finally made back it to the top. We spent five hours on the horses getting to the top and it felt really good to get off that saddle and stretch our legs.  The horses names were White, Shady, Speckled and Blue.  

Now it was time for lunch.  We decided to sit in one of very few shady spots near the edge of the canyon.  We had a picnic all ready in the car in some ice.  For lunch we had an entire turkey, pumpkin pie, garlic bread and spaghetti squash.  It was delicious! 


Before we left, we went on the Skywalk. It was an amazing time looking through the glass, down, down, down into the canyon.  This is a picture that we took together of me leaning backwards and my mom catching me before I pretended to fall.  Actually I did fall, but I was ten feet away from the edge and the hill kept getting steeper, so it looked like I was going to fall off the edge of the canyon, but I just fell onto the ground.

Comments

  1. Charlie - When Mimi and I went to the southern rim of the Grand Canyon I was very interested in seeing the mule trail down to the bottom. When I saw how narrow it was, about two feet allllllllll the way down, I decided I wasn't interested in sitting on top of a dumb animal responsible for my life. Your nice story reminded of that. Thanks.

    Rue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing the Chateaus of France.

Day #1 in London

Solar Powered