Bananaquit




Bananaquit



I took this picture!!!!!
For February vacation I went to the Caribbean on St. John.  We stayed with my grandmother’s friend, Sally.There was a big porch with a swimming pool, a table and 4 beach chairs.

On the first morning of February vacation, my Grandmother told me that a bird called the Bananaquit  loves sugar water. So we went outside, got the bowl, then took it inside. We put a lot of sugar and some warm water in the bowl to give to the birds. Then I carefully took it back outside. As soon as we got inside again, two came immediately. They were about 4 to 5 inches and had a  big bright yellow belly. The rest of their bodies were black.  

I thought that were very cute. It was funny to watch them bend up and down to get the water. Some times there was as many as 8 all bunched up. I got them water almost every day.

Comments

  1. It's true! Funny to notice their orange bellies ... from where I was looking, they always looked so yellow ... that's their backs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing the Chateaus of France.

Day #1 in London

Solar Powered