Snow Day Fun



This week, we had a snow day.  We got about a foot of snow. It was the best snow we have had all winter because it was awesome for snowballs, and snowforts too. I had a great day in and outside on my snow day.
When I woke up I got out of bed and looked in my brother and moms beds, they were asleep (dad was traveling). So I went downstairs with my book, got a blanket and pillow and sat down on the couch to read.  This was a great way to spend my first few answers because i did not have to stop because it was a snow day.
After i had eaten breakfast I decided it was time to go outside. I got on my snow gear and went out to play in the snow with my brother, Max. First we went to the back yard to make a snow man.  Then we realized no one could see our work so we squashed the snow balls all together and took them out to the front so people could see. We saw that we had so much snow so we wanted to make an igloo. A few years ago Mom and Dad bought snowbrick makers. So we got them out and used them to make bricks for the igloo. We never ended up finishing it, but we got the first two or three layers done. It was a lot of fun playing with my brother in the snow.
After playing in the snow we went down the street to shovel for Alma and Gale (older ladies). First we shoveled all around the car then used the butt of the shovel to get the top of the car. After that was done, we went around to the side of the house and dug a path to both bird feeders. Alma was grateful for the help and we were grateful for the money.

All in all, the snow day was fun.

Comments

  1. great blog with full details ... I almost feel as if I were there on that snow day even though I am here in the warm climate .... thanks for posting! Love seeing the photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story Charlie reminds me when I was a kid. Snow days were for me so exciting that I can still (after all these 62 years) remember the the feelings I had. Thanks Charlie.

    Rue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing the Chateaus of France.

Day #1 in London

Solar Powered